Plan the perfect baby shower by following these top tips.
Baby showers are a wonderful way to celebrate the upcoming birth of a new baby.
Some Mothers see it as their special moment and an opportunity to catch up with friends and relatives which they do not see as often as they wish while ( let’s be honest ) there are those that have their gaze aimed at the stash of baby gifts that they will receive for their new baby.
When planning a Baby Shower there are a few matters to consider and the list below will help you to plan the perfect baby shower.
When should I host a baby shower?
Typically, baby showers are held four to six weeks before the birth, however, as the Mother of 2 premature babies, this may be cutting it fine so be sure to consult with the Mum to be. Ask questions such as:
- How are you feeling?
- Does the Doctor feel that you will deliver on time?
- Do you have anyone you would love to share this special day who has to travel afar?
- When do you finish work? As some Mums like to plan the shower the weekend after they finish work.
If you’re determined to make it a surprise, make sure that you friend like surprises and loop in the dad-to-be or a close relative and ask these questions to ensure the mother-to-be will be free that day.
Where should I host a baby shower?
Well, the world is your oyster. My sister and a best friend chose to book a restaurant to take the pressure of food preparation and cleaning both before and after.
If you are choosing a venue, be sure to visit and plan where you would like to sit. You may also need to consider if anyone attending will be bringing a Pram as prams do take up space and require careful consideration.
High tea is a perennial favourite for baby showers – and most major cities have plenty of options in swanky cafes as well as in grand hotel lobbies and restaurants.
When should the baby shower invites go out?
The invites should ideally go out about four to six weeks before the scheduled shower to ensure enough time for everyone to make plans.
I suggest that you make a Facebook group so that everyone can see who else is coming.
This will also give people the opportunity to collaborate together to purchase some of those bigger ticket items.
This is also a wonderful way to build excitement for the party and also to ask people any questions you need to prior to the event such as are you bringing a Pram.
The 7 Best best baby shower games can create fond memories.
- How well do you know the mum to be? Find out as much as possible about the mother-to-be then create a list of approximately 20 questions. Read the questions out and the guest with the most correct answers wins.
- Guess the baby photo: This is a total classic. Ask each guest to bring a picture of themselves as a baby and pin them to a board with a number assigned. Get the guests to guess which photo belongs to which shower-goer.
- Dirty nappies: This game sounds a bit gross, so do bear with us. Buy a few popular chocolate bars (all different textures and types) and melt individually in the microwave. Smudge each into a disposable nappy and have the guests guess which chocolate bar is which based on their senses (including smell) alone. This makes for some hilarious photos!
- Guess the celebrity baby name: Jot down a list of celebrity baby names (the stranger the better) and turn it into a quiz. See who can get the most celebrity parents correct.
- Baby songs: Have guests write down as many songs as possible that mention the word “baby”.
- You Can’t Say That! At the beginning of your baby shower, choose a word that everyone will be forbidden from saying. The word “baby” is a good (but very difficult) option, but feel free to choose any baby-related word.
- Blindfolded Diaper Changing Gather a couple of babydolls, a jar of Nutella and a pack of diapers. Put the diapers on the baby dolls. The blindfolded guest has to race to remove the dirty diaper, wipe the babydoll clean and put a new diaper on. Whoever finishes first is the winner!
So there you have it! With these fabulous Baby Shower planning tips and fun baby shower games, you and your loved ones are sure to have an unforgettable time. Once your baby shower has passed, all you have to do is pack your hospital bag and wait to meet your new baby.