Little Kids simply love to eat popcorn chicken from their favourite takeaways such as McDonalds or KFC, however you can make this family favourite at home with some sneaky hidden vegetables for extra nutrition. Here's a simple recipe for Crispy Popcorn Chicken - Homemade food recipe for your children.
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Non-stick olive oil spray
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 450g boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost (hidden vegetables - see below on the range of vegetables it contains)
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- Place panko breadcrumbs on a plate. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Dip each chicken cube into the egg mixture, then toss into the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking sheet. Spray the top with cooking spray and bake for 25 min (this can also be done in an air fryer)
- Serve with bbq sauce, honey mustard or your favourite!
ENJOY a delicious, yet nutritious homemade food that the whole family would love - a great addition in their lunchbox meals too!
While there are numerous benefits to homemade food for kids, it's also essential to strike a balance between convenience and nutrition, as busy schedules can make it challenging to prepare every meal from scratch. Finding a mix of homemade and carefully chosen store-bought options can help meet your child's dietary needs effectively.